Monday, February 2, 2009

Morning Oats

Today I was feeling the need to just stretch my running muscles, so I ran a quick 3 miles around La Jolla at about 8:30. I woke up at 8 because I went to bed later than I intended; I might have to do something about these unnecessarily late nights!
It's difficult as a biochemistry student at UCSD because this is the campus that never sleeps. Not because of partying though. Our library kicks out people at 2 A.M. on a daily basis. Everyone wants to do well, especially because we have so many premed students here who MUST do well. Therefore, we all have to always be studying super diligently to keep up. Last quarter was a wake up call for me, I was having a little too much fun and not really studying like I should and my grades reflected it. I should just say, I'm not really a party girl and I don't really drink (I really only drink at home around my family) and so when I say I was having too much fun I wasn't really going wild and crazy. I just wasn't working hard!

After my little run, I had a Kath-inspired bowl of oats:
1/3 cup oatmeal
1 scoop protein powder
1/2 banana
flax seed
ground ginger and cinnamon
shredded coconut on top

It was delicious, but next time I want to try a more "tropical" bowl of oats when I use coconut, so I guess that means eliminating the ginger and cinnamon. What other flavors would go well?

That should hold me over for a while. I have A TON of work to do today and I have bible study to lead tonight, so I'm just gonna try and get by!

No comments:

Post a Comment